Re: Unfriendly robot at 205.177.10.2

Nick Arnett (narnett@Verity.COM)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:30:32 -0700

At 8:58 AM 10/18/95, Tim Bray wrote:

>That resolves to 'murph.cais.net' - no idea who they are, never heard
>of 'em.

As you may have seen in my correction, that was a mistake on my part. I
copied that from the traceroute -- it's the last router before the address
space in which the misbehaving robot lives. It is Capitol Area Internet
Service and under the assumption that the owner of the robot is one of
their customers, I sent a message to the CAIS postmaster.

The correct address of the owner of the robot is 205.252.60.50, which won't
resolve. Tight security, apparently. Ironically.

Nick