Re: Unfriendly robot at 205.252.60.50

Nick Arnett (narnett@Verity.COM)
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 10:35:40 -0700

At 7:17 AM 10/21/95, Andrew Leonard wrote:
>I contacted NlightN, and their CEO said that their most junior hire was
>testing a new robot. They were apparently unaware of the robot exclusion
>protocol but plan to mend their ways.

I haven't heard from them, but our server/spider product manager received a
telephone apology.

I can't resist pointing out the irony of a search services company that
apparently failed to find some critical information about robots on the
Internet. On the other hand, we've probably done equally silly things.

I hope they'll add a user-agent field, at least.

Nick