Re: Freely available robot code in C available?

Nick Arnett (narnett@Verity.COM)
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 07:48:15 -0800

At 10:25 PM 12/12/95, ecarp@tssun5.dsccc.com wrote:
>... then build an Oracle database
>composed of URLs and text which could be searchable via an SQL query.

Aside from the question of my you want to build your own, rather than
buying an off-the-shelf solution (we have one, too) -- why Oracle? A text
search engine will give much better performance and have many more
text-oriented features than Oracle or another RDBMS. Search engines are a
kind of database, of course, but one that is oriented toward text, rather
than fielded data (which some of them also support).

Nick