Re: Does anyone else consider this irresponsible?

Robert Raisch, The Internet Company (raisch@internet.com)
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:48:14 -0400

Louis and others,

I owe you an apology. It appears that I jumped to an erroneous
conclusion when I assumed that Scooter harvested data from every
available port. In my defence, it was the only assumption I
could reach, based upon the information I had available to me.

It seems that, rather than the behavior I suggested, the URLs
with which I had a problem were inadvertently exposed to
Scooter through the general publishing of an employee's
hotlist.

Thank you for the clarification and I regret any inconvenience
this may have caused.

It should be noted that I reached my current state of education
regarding this matter via the "link:hostname" mechanism in
Altavista. An excellent resource with innovative features. My
compliments.

</rr> Robert Raisch
chief scientist
The Internet Company