Re[2]: Anyone doing a Java-based robot yet?

Tangy Verdell (TVerdell@dca.com)
Tue, 20 Feb 96 10:03:49 EST

I went through this deliberation.

We decided to go with C++ but for specific reasons. Since we are
using CORBA distributed objects in our product, we needed a way of
communication between these objects Now, there is a product called
BlackWidow by Orbeline which allows Java apps to communicate with
DOBs. But it is in Beta.

Also, linking in the stuff already done for robots in C and perl would
be more cumbersome than just using C++.

However, I would like to share classes but since I work for a company
who will own this code I can't do so. But I still would like to share
ideas.

Tangy
TVerdell@dca.com