RE: Altavista indexing password files

John Messerly (johnms@MICROSOFT.com)
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 12:18:21 -0800

I shared this information as soon as I came across it because I believed
that those on this mailing list would also share my concern. (If the
information is well known and stale, then I apologize for propogating
excess noise.)

It has been stated often in this forum that the existing documents
discussing robots guidelines should be strengthened. As an addition to
the existing list good proposals, this incident suggests that issues
surrounding problem #1 should be explicitly discussed.

[The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
not necessarily reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.]