Re: Links (don't bother checking; I've done it for you)

Chris Brown (ccb@Cs.Nott.AC.UK)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:01:18 +0000

Michael wrote:

> Then, at the end of his page he had the following keywords repeated
>
> California
> Northwest
> Animation
> Promotion Web Site
> Development Web Site
> Knitter Web
> Money
>
> about 50 times each..

He also has "Buisness", "PageWeb", and "InternetInternet" among many
others repeated about 10 times in a META KEYWORDS field. Maybe he's
trying to attract poor spellers to his site. :-)

Yes! What a great idea! An internet spelling coaching service could
promote themselves by getting a dictionary of common misspellings
indexed along with their page. Anyone typing a misspelled word into a
search engine would come up with "Welcome to the Internet Spelling
Service. Click *here* for the correct spelling of your word ($1)".

On the other hand, maybe not... We don't want to give Jared any
ideas...

Regards, Chris Brown