Re: (Fwd) Re: Search accuracy

Colin Goodier (cgoodier@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Fri, 5 Apr 96 16:54 BST-1

Jorg,

Thanks for the message re 'semantic networks' , looks useful. I'll take
a look at it some time over Easter (probably Sunday). I've been working
my way through some of the stuff I've accumulated to read, on HTTP, TCP
etc. Hopefully by the time Easter's over I'll have got through that and
the WW3 library stuff. I picked up a bit of code that might be useful from
an Aussie site on Berkeley Sockets (how to implement TCP/IP). So I think I'm
beginning to get a glimmering of how to do this! Perhaps we should meet
sometime next week? I'll be in on Thursday morning for a TSC assignment
group meeting. Fortunately there's some overlap between this coursework
and the TSC coursework, or at least the area that I'm covering, as I'm
researching Internet Protocols for that one! I'm just looking at Linux
again to see if there's anything I can do with that to get started with
playing with TCP etc. Still having to run it off the CD-ROM due to lack
of space however :-(

Colin