Re: VB and robot development

Jakob Faarvang (jakob@jubii.dk)
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 04:05:51 +0100

From: Ian McKellar <yakk@tartarus.uwa.edu.au>

> > > Anyone developing robots in VB? If not, why not? If so, I'm looking for an
> > > HTML parsing tool to use under VB (Prefer VB 3.0). Any help will be
> > > appreciated.
> >
> > We're developing our robot in VB.

> I'm quite impressed. VB seems to me to be a bit underpowered. I would use
> Perl or C. I do hope you are using VB under NT.

VB is not underpowered. Database technologies like ROCK-E-T and
others are extremely fast and powerful (we're in the process of
converting at the moment - the Access stuff is really bad). As a
robot, VB is also great.. Parsing is fairly easy, and the whole
thing runs fast .. It's not entirely finished yet, but I expect it
will be within 5-6 weeks (other projects are being developed at the
same time)...

- Jakob Faarvang
jakob@jubii.dk