Re: Mailing list

Gordon Bainbridge (gordon@BASISinc.com)
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 07:42:58 -0700

> I want to start a mailing list on HTML and web site authoring and
> announcements. Does anyone already know of such a list? If not, how could I
> start one?

First check out the archives of existing newsgroups and mailing lists.
This will give you some idea about volume. One archive is at:
http://asknpac.npac.syr.edu/cgi-bin/news/hypermail_home

A word of caution: this site is undergoing changes right now; yesterday
I was bounced to a chat server when I tried to access it. Today, a
mailing list archive I normally read is not there.

You can also find JavaScript mailing archives at:
http://www.obscure.org/javascript/archives/

This mailing list stopped operation in March, by the way, because it could
not deal with the heavy load.

Try sending e-mail to some mailing list administrators for advice before
attempting one yourself.

Now let's get back to robots.

Gordon Bainbridge
Software Engineer