[ MERCHANTS ] My Sincerest Apologies

Jared Williams (williams@earthlink.net)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

This is the "e-mail virus's" response! Sorry for posting that stupid hoax.
This morning I just received a letter from the person that put that message
in MY box. I've forwarded it all to you because I think that it parrallels
my thoughts exactly. So here it is:

>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 06:54:52 -0700
>To: merchants@mail-it.com
>From: davidlee@idirect.com (Monica Reyes)
>Subject: [ MERCHANTS ] My Sincerest Apologies
>Sender: owner-merchants@mail-it.com
>
>Good Morning Everyone,
>
>I have been thoroughly trashed by everyone, including our very own loving
>nerds, because the 'GOOD TIMES' - VIRUS is a HOAX. During the night I have
>personally replied to hundreds of letters and will admit to this small
>merchant community ... I feel like an idiot, a fool, stupid and I accept
>that I wasted your time, and I broadcasted trash, garbage, @#%$.
>
>I have always respected your time, and since the launching of the Merchants'
>Forum - I have been very careful not to clutter your mailboxes with constant
>mailouts. I thank everyone in this small community who took the time to let
>me know ... of this hoax - and sincerely apologise for this slip in judgement.
>
>My forte is marketing, and I am still at a loss at 'how a computer works'. I
>still remember siding with the group that believes that ' micro computers
>will never be accepted by business'. Therefore the word 'VIRUS' created a
>monstrous image in my mind, and the fact that 'viruses cannot be transmitted
>by email' never clicked.
>
>Yet, I view everyone of you out there as friends. A few years back, I was
>caught in a fire on the 12th floor because I thought it was a false alarm.
>The time before that, friends in my condo joked around because I'd always
>walk the 12 flights of stairs when the fire alarm went off. They also
>assured me that the condo was fire resistant. I almost died from the smoke
>in the condo, and had to be rescued. From that day, I chose penance,
>caution, instead of being smart. If I had to go through this kind of night
>1,000 times, I'd gladly do it, than be the reason 'why a friend' will suffer
>loss when I could have prevented it.
>
>To everyone who wanted to unsubscribe, I will be doing it right after this
>letter. I have stayed up all night to personally reply to ... as many as I
>can. I did not have time. Please understand O.K.
>
>I have taken up enough of your time ....
>I apologise ...
>Please do not trash me for writing this letter !
>
>Your friend
>
>Monica
>end
>

>Visit Around The World Showcase
>
>http://www.spectranet.ca/~lee/agenda.htm - Merchants' Forum
>http:// webcom.net/~peak/frames/busdir.htm - Around The World Storefronts
>http://www.echo-on.net/~millions/s/l/atwlinks.html - Link Up Your StoreFront
>http://www.echo-on.net/~millions/s/c/atwsclas.html - Place A FREE Classified Ad
>http://www.globedirect.com/~abelynx/doitgd.htm - Link up Hundreds of Locations
>http://www.spectranet.ca/~lee/erotica2.htm - Art Deco Erotic Gallery
>http://toronto.ark.com/~abedon/bwerogal.htm - The Most Beautiful Women in
>the World
> [...]

p.s. You'll notice my signature is only 9 lines long now... ;)

Jared Williams

Want a NICE SITE?
Visit Web Knitter (R)

http://home.earthlink.net/~williams