Re: Apologies || communal bots

Rob Turk (rturk@austin.ibm.com)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 11:51:11 -0500

Jared Williams wrote:
> Sorry for posting that stupid hoax.
> This morning I just received a letter from the person that put that message
> in MY box. I've forwarded it all to you because I think that it parrallels
> my thoughts exactly.

Can you please get a clue? I don't care about why you send this junk to a discussion list
about HTTP-related robots. Just stop doing it!

If you're not going to write about internet agents, web bots, spiders, then don't send your
message to this mailing list!

> p.s. You'll notice my signature is only 9 lines long now... ;)

BFD. Please respect my time and not fill up my inbox with crapola.

On another Note:

I was wondering just now if communal bots could use RPC to log their information in a
central site, with multiple bots depositing their findings in a clearinghouse kind of thing.
Is this how the Web Ants <http://thule.mt.cs.cmu.edu:8001/webants/> model works? Would this
be a resource saver (in terms of CPU cycles and network bandwidth) or what?

--
Rob Turk <mailto:rturk@austin.ibm.com> Unofficially Speaking.
If two men agree on everything, you may be sure that one of them is