Re: VB. page grabber...

Terry Smith (tsmith@tsmith.com)
Mon, 06 May 1996 10:48:09 +0000

At 12:54 PM 5/6/96 +-200 <astroboy@nit.be> wrote:

>PS: Could I have references of that VB. freeware you are talking about ?
Sound like something I'd like to get my hand on...
>Attachment Converted: c:\pceud\attach\VB. page grabber...

I picked this up at Carl & Gary's VB page which is now maintained on Apex
Software (True Grid, DB Grid) home page www.apexsc.com. In short, it is
only a telnet control with enough code to generate a simple get.

The root reference for Carl & Gary's is http://www.apexsc.com/vb/index.html
[highly recommended]

The link for the ZIP file of vb browser is
ftp://ftp.apexsc.com/pub/cgvb/misc/vbrowser.zip

The description is
VBROWSER.ZIP 57K (11-13-95)
VBrowser is a VB Web browser with source code and a Winsock VB
programming explanation. No HTML parsing is done, but the complete Winsock
HTML document retrieval is implemented. It's shareware. Just unzip and
open the VB project. An EXE is also provided for load and run.

If any of you know of more sophisticated stuff out there, drop me a line.
I'm keeping track of this for a client.

Terry Smith