Re: robot vaiable list

Martijn Koster (m.koster@webcrawler.com)
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 08:46:30 -0700

At 2:24 PM 6/18/96, Marco Genua wrote:

>where a can find a documentation that contain
>the name that the robot send in the
>the value of the variable USER_AGENT,

Well, now that you bring it up, that would be robots-useragent:

Workload permitting (ha :-/) I'm doing what I should
have done in the first place, and turn the list of active
robots into a perl database. My initial scheme looks like
atteched. Anyone want any other fields?

# robot-id: short isalpha() identifier
# robot-name: Full name of the robot
# robot-url: URL of the robot home page
# robot-owner-name: Name of the owner
# robot-owner-url: Home page of the owner
# robot-owner-email: Email address of owner
# robot-status: One of development, active, retired
# robot-purpose: One or more of discovery,maintenance,statistics
# robot-type: standalone, plugin, browser
# robot-platform: One or more of UNIX,Windows,Mac
# robot-availability: source,binary,none
# robot-exclusion: yes or no
# robot-noindex: yes or no
# robot-host: DNS, IP, or "anywhere"
# robot-from: yes or no
# robot-useragent: significant User-agent string
# robot-language: One or more of c,c++,perl,perl5,java,tcl,python
# robot-description:
# robot-history:
# robot-environment: commercial,service,research,hobby
# modified-date:
# modified-by:

-- Martijn

Email: m.koster@webcrawler.com