Re: hey man gimme a break

Martijn Koster (m.koster@webcrawler.com)
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 11:26:30 -0700

At 11:10 AM 7/3/96, Rob Turk wrote:

>FIX IT! and for goodness sakes, learn to proofread your e-mails...

Sigh. in goes '|| /^un\S+ibe/', and I'm going to filter all messages
< x characters, with x being 40 long. This in is now in place (Perl
to the rescue), and works on my test list. Please make sure your messages
are > 40 characters...

Hear hear.

>with the word unsubscribe in the message body alone...I think.

Nope, it's robots-request@webcrawler.com. You know, you're _request_ing
the list administrator to do something.

>Ever try to learn how a mailing list server works? Why, it's much
>simpler than programming agents for the net.

This is the bit that always gets me :-)

Much as I agree with your sentiment, I would ask people not to send
these flames to the list itself, but to the purpetrator.

-- Martijn

Email: m.koster@webcrawler.com
WWW: http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/mak.html