Prasad Wagle: Webhackers: Java servlets and agents

John D. Pritchard (jdp@cs.columbia.edu)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:05:26 -0400

Jeeves will allow a Java(tm:sun.com) web server to load classes and run
them... providing for extensible web servers and remote execution of
agents. -john

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 19:20:06 -0700
From: prasadw@doppio.Eng.Sun.COM (Prasad Wagle)
To: WebHackers@cygnus.com
Subject: Webhackers: Java servlets and agents
Sender: owner-webhackers@cygnus.com

The Jeeves server group in JavaSoft is working on a Java servlet API.
Servlets are Java objects which like CGI scripts extend the
functionality of an HTTP server. An initial draft of the API is on:
http://www.javasoft.com/products/jeeves/index.html
Could you please take a look at it and send us your feedback?

Regards,
Prasad

ps. I am particularly interested in what we need in the API and server
to enable agents. BTW, the "Agents Unleashed" book by Peter Wayner is
good. Are there any other good books on agents?

------- End of Forwarded Message