Re: Suggestion to help robots and sites coexist a little better

Nick Arnett (narnett@verity.com)
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 12:17:33 -0700

At 5:39 PM 7/17/96, Scott 'Webster' Wood wrote:

>Again, let me comment. Presumably, the administrator is going to be
>the one worried about the robots. Presumably, the administrator will
>be willing to at least do something reasonably dynamic to have
>reasonable control over robots. The existing robots text can either
>forbid all robots from everything (simple) or can be more elaborate
>for more dynamic and specific restrictions. (ie any solution can be
>designed for both)

The administrator's concern about robots is quite different from the users'
concerns. We can't start from the assumption that one or the other will
take care of the issue.

Nick