Re: AltaVista's Index is obsolete

Patrick Lee (pat@patlee.org)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:28:42 -0400

At 04:51 PM 7/19/96 GMT+200, you wrote:
> Hi. I write in the hope that the AltaVista's Webmaster will read this. I
> cannot find an e-mail address for the Webmaster of
> http://www.altavista.digital.com/ to inform them that numerous of my URLs
> have changed since their last index dated July 4, 1996.

AltaVista has been updating their index once every three months or so in
the past. So you will most likely have to wait until October before
their index gets updated.

Also, you really should maintain your old links for at least a year, if
not indefinitely, before removing them completely. It takes a long time
for indexes and people to update their reference to you.

--
Patrick Lee <pat@patlee.org>