Re: Search Engine

Operator (root@cyberchat.net)
Tue, 13 Aug 96 22:14:42 -0400

You wrote:
> the usual answer: Harvest for indexing, storage/retrieval, user interface
> (WWW)
> if necessary MOMSpider for autonomous resource gathering ('go-and-grab-em
> robot' <
>
> If you got more questions:

i tried harvest let it index my site configured it for my web server under
apache.... after it finished i figured if i typed in say chat or real estate
it would pull a list of pages located on the specific server that i told it
to index on those subjects..... NOT.....! it was setup correct to do the
searches and did query but either queried wrong or i indexed it wrong ...
like i knew what i was doing in the first place..... NOT.....! any help is
much appreciated even after reading the harvest docs.... im still
clueless....