RE: The Internet Archive robot (fwd)

Brewster Kahle (brewster@archive.org)
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 20:41:38 -0700

Ted,

I am the president of the Internet Archive. A detailed background on what
we are doing is at www.archive.org. The San Jose Mercury (a local paper)
wrote a piece last week:
http://www.sjmercury.com/business/gillmor/dg090196.htm

We are funding this through donations of equipment and data, and I am
funding the cash part.

I think the net is important, and there is reasons to save it for historians
and scholars. I also think there are things we can do with this data to
understand the internet phenomenon that could lead to better internet tools.

If you have any further questions, I would be happy to answer.

-brewster