Re: ActiveAgent

John Lindroth (lindroth@musc.edu)
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 14:08:00 -0500 (EST)

I think Richard Gaskin hit on the worst part of this:

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Richard Gaskin - Fourth World wrote:

> You have an ethical responsibility to your users to inform them of the
> potential liabilities from using a product that encourages spamming.

This has the potential of reaching some unsophisticated users, who will
read the description of this program and believe it. Their ISPs could
potentially cancel their accounts for unethical usage. Would HipCrime be
liable for lost business? That would be interesting...

-John

John Lindroth lindroth@musc.edu
http://www.musc.edu/~lindroth
Center for Computing & Information Technology
Medical University of South Carolina
Any opinions expressed are mine.