Re: Notification protocol?

Ted Hardie (hardie@orval.arc.nasa.gov)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:03:20 -0800 (PST)

Nick,
You might want to look at the work of the FIND working group
of the IETF (find-request@bunyip.com, majordomo syntax). Though much
of the early work of the group focused on creating a Common Indexing
Protocol for white pages-type directory services, there has been
interest in expanding the work to include something similar to what
you describe below.
regards,
Ted Hardie
NASA Science Internet