Re: RFC, draft 1

Hrvoje Niksic (hniksic@srce.hr)
20 Nov 1996 00:58:26 +0100

Martijn Koster (m.koster@webcrawler.com) wrote:
> >Hmmm, robots should also be required to send the Host: information
> >defined for HTTP/1.1 probably for non-virtual servers.
> Agreed, though this spec is not the right place to define that.
> FYI, we have recently changed the WebCrawler robot implementation to
> send the Host header.

Am I missing something here? Isn't it trivial to send the `Host'
header? You definitely have to know to which host you are connecting
to, and what port -- so sending Host: port shouldn't be hard?

P.S.
I know this is not the appropriate list for such a question, but since
it was brought up...

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia