Re: Frames ? Lycos ?

Mitch Allen (mitch@webdroid.com)
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 21:56:11 -0500

Thomas,

I gather you are wondering why it will find http://www-rfi.eunet.fr/,
but not follow the link on that homepage to http://www.rfi.fr? Most
commercial engines will only follow relative links under the current
URL. Imagine if they didn't and they ran into Yahoo? They'd explode!
If the owner of http://www.rfi.fr would like that site to show up on
Lycos, they'll have to submit the URL.

Of course if a robot did visit http://www.rfi.fr it would probably choke
on the large number of cookies hurled at it. Hmmm, what does happen
when a robot encounters a cookie? Something new to ponder! Thanks!