NaughtyRobot

Martijn Koster (m.koster@webcrawler.com)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:43:10 -0800 (PST)

Over the last few weeks I've received three reports of people receiving
the attached spoof message, which got delivered forged as if sent
by the recipient. I so far haven't seen any MTA logs to point fingers,
nor am I _that_ interested in yet another pathetic prank.

Still, this may be of interest to the group, as it is likely to influence
people's perception of robots.

Follow-up to news.admin.net-abuse, alt.hackers.* etc -- See DejaNews.

> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 97 06:39 MET
> Subject: security breached by NaughtyRobot
>
> This message was sent to you by NaughtyRobot, an Internet spider that
> crawls into your server through a tiny hole in the World Wide Web.
>
> NaughtyRobot exploits a security bug in HTTP and has visited your host
> system to collect personal, private, and sensitive information.
>
> It has captured your Email and physical addresses, as well as your phone
> and credit card numbers. To protect yourself against the misuse of this
> information, do the following:
>
> 1. alert your server SysOp,
> 2. contact your local police,
> 3. disconnect your telephone, and
> 4. report your credit cards as lost.
>
> Act at once. Remember: only YOU can prevent DATA fires.
>
> This has been a public service announcement from the makers of
> NaughtyRobot -- CarJacking its way onto the Information SuperHighway.

-- Martijn

Email: m.koster@webcrawler.com
WWW: http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/mak.html