Re: Welcome to cypherpunks

Skip Montanaro (skip@automatrix.com)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 20:45:08 -0500 (EST)

Jon> On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 Majordomo@toad.com wrote:
>> Welcome to the cypherpunks mailing list!
>>
>> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
>> you can send mail to "Majordomo@toad.com" with the following command
>> in the body of your email message:

Jon> Hmm, looks like we've got a joker on our hands. Just what I need; an
Jon> extra several hundred emails a day.

Three different email aliases on my system (two that reach me personally,
one that's to an auto-response command system) were subscribed today. I
managed to get unsubscribed in all three cases. I did try contacting Jon
Gilmore, the toad.com administrator, by email and phone, but haven't yet
received any replies.

Just my luck, I'm headed out of town tonight for several days. I hope this
doesn't keep up. I don't need my computer's disk filling up while I'm away.
Hopefully the guessed filter I put in my .procmailrc will do the trick...

--
Skip Montanaro     |    Python - it's not just for scripting anymore...
skip@calendar.com  |                            http://www.python.org/