Re: More with the Cypherpunk antics

Benjamin Franz (snowhare@netimages.com)
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:40:31 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Chad Zimmerman wrote:

> Yes, got the same msg here.
>
> Chad D. Zimmerman
> chad@dabcc-www.nmsu.edu
> http://dabcc-www.nmsu.edu/~chad/
>
> On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Captain Napalm wrote:
>

> > I just saw a message saying I subscribed to the cypherpunks mailing list,
> > when in fact I didn't. I wonder if this has anything to do with the robots
> > mailing list being subscribed (hmmmmmmmmm .... )
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> > -spc (Wondering if this is happening to anyone else?)

Cypherpunks hell - I'm getting auto-responses from the whitehouse.gov
domain for messages with subject lines like 'Re: message to USSA House of
Representatives' that I never wrote. Knowing the typical conspiracy type
of loons, any guesses what 'USSA' stands for? It took 5 seconds to send
an unsubscribe for the cypherpunks list - how do you get rid of forged
mail with your email address and fringe politics sent to the US
government? Someone _doesn't like_ me.

--
Benjamin Franz