Re: word spam

Alan (psiber@earth.ftech.co.uk)
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 18:18:17 +0000

Hi
> chris cobb wrote:

> > There is a feature in many word processors - Word comes to mind - as part of the
> > "Grammer Check" section. After executing a grammer check, Word displays statistics about ...

> Andrew Wrote
> Nice idea, if you think people will always use good english grammar and
> sentences for their web pages,

And do they want indexing anyway? <g>

> but often in things like a list or an index there
> is no need for good grammar and point form works far better for many things.

But there is need for structure which can rate as highly as grammar

> (When was the last time you saw "Click here to go to the ________ page."?)

Today, yesterday, the day before and the day, after. Stupud
instructions abound. It's sadly everywhere. Even on my toothpicks
(instructions:insert between teeth, ang wiggle from left to right!)

> For example,
> look at the search results from any robot such as webcrawler, they are very useful
> but there is little english grammar and few if any complete sentences. Or any
> companies web page, it probably has a series of links at bottom that reads
> "Technical Support; Ordering; On-line Catalog", again not much of a sentence. Also

But does it say ?
"Technical Support; Ordering; On-line Catalog",
"Technical Support; Ordering; On-line Catalog",
"Technical Support; Ordering; On-line Catalog",
"Technical Support; Ordering; On-line Catalog",

>As far as developing something to ignore large blocks of random or
> repeditive text, good idea.

> Andrew

agreed

Alan

--
"Just when you thought is was safe to go back to Burgers.."