Re: Robot books

joseph williams (drj@lamar.ColoState.EDU)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 23:17:02 -0600

At 09:07 PM 6/17/96 PDT, you wrote:
>According to the online version of Books in Print, there are 3 internet
>books in print with information about robots. They are :
>
>Programming Intelligent Agents for the Internet by Mark Watson
>
>Bots and Other Internet Beasties by Joseph Williams
>
>Internet Agents Spiders Wanderers Brokers and Bots by Fah-Chun Cheong

Hi. I'm the editor on Bots. The book has a nice chapter written by
Daniel Drielinger, author of the Savvy Search engine. He did a good
job presenting the basics of robot gatherers.

The whole book is pretty much written at an introductory/intermediate
level for most recipients of this list.

I'm somewhat biased, but I do think it is a fine book.

joseph

/ /\ / /\
/ Joseph Williams _/ /\ /http://lamar.colostate.edu/~drj/drj.html_/ /\
/ Colorado State U. / \/ / drj@lamar.colostate.edu / \/
/ College of Business /\ / Associate Professor, CIS Department /\