Re: RCPT: Re: Introducing myself

Ann Cantelow (cantelow@athena.csdco.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:45:58 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Rob Turk wrote:

> Hell, I'm more afraid for those clueless ones who find this necessary.
> And if you guys are talking about bot-to-bot communications standards,
> PLEASE develop them with the strongest encryption possible. Last thing
> I want is my request for my agent to go blabbing around the net about my
> shopping preferences.
>
> Of course, individuals deserve all kinds of bots...

Speaking as one of the clueless ones <g>-

Do you folks realize there's a market here? If big bot server sites
developed a standardized way of giving complete lists of sites, in response
to a standardized detailed query format, there would be client bots in the
bat of an eye to submit the queries. People would gladly pay money to
the server sites for this service because it could enhance their own
pages so much. There would be a tradoff in revenues, though, since
end-user access might decrease a little (only a little, though, I
believe).

I was very excited to see talk of bob-to-bot communications standards.
I've been wishing for this.

-Ann Cantelow

-------------------The Interactive Poetry Pages----------------------
Collaborative poetry in real time- across the net.
http://www.csd.net/~cantelow/poem_welcome.html