Re: Alta Vista getting stale?

Nick Arnett (narnett@verity.com)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:30:27 -0700

At 6:02 PM 7/10/96, Denis McKeon wrote:

>(Trying to cope with variously implemented multiple quasi-standards
>leads me to put multiple METAs in hopes that robots that ignore
>a "don't index" will still deal with the rest of the page reasonably.)

Having been involved in the W3C proposal, I'm very curious what other META
tags you're considering important enough to include. We should see if the
proposed standard can embrace as much as possible.

People from the search services participated, by the way, so one can hope
that they'll converge on the proposed standard, too.

Nick