Re: Copyrights on the web

Chad Zimmerman (czimmerm@nmsu.edu)
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 19:33:16 -0600 (MDT)

If you havn't seen it already, the lattest issue of Internet World has 1
or 2 articles of Copyrighting the web. I found them interesting reading.

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996 Glburt@aol.com wrote:

> I'm not a lawyer (too high on the food chain for that), but it seems to me
> that
> Congress said in the law, that if it is not marked as not copywrited
> (starting after a
> certain date) it was copywrited.
>
> Now everything else before that is is not copywrited unless it marked as
> copywrited.
>
> Therefore there is more unmarked, uncopywrited material than there is
> unmarked,
> copywrited material.
>
> I guess I have to be psyhic (I know, but I couldn't find my dictionary) to
> tell the
> difference or go with the law of averages and assume it is unclassified. I
> don't
> have any great personal worth, so they can sue me. A normal person can not
> tell the difference. If I get sued, I get sued. Tough.
>
> Gary Burt

43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped
Chad D. Zimmerman NMSU-Computing & Networking-Visualization Center
Box 30001, Dept 3AT Http://www.nmsu.edu/~czimmerm/
Las Cruces, NM 88003 vr-3d@juno.com / zimmerman@hotmail.com
(505)646-5487 czimmerm@nmsu.edu / chadz@nmsu.edu