Re: ActiveAgent

Benjamin Franz (snowhare@netimages.com)
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, HipCrime wrote:

> Hi Martijn ...
>
> Glad you find ActiveAgent to be "fascinating". The issue of
> "unsolicited" mailings is a thorny one. When people put a
> MAILTO button onto their published webpage, they have
> published their Email address. This has the effect of
> SOLICITING messages from people that they do not know and
> could not have expected to hear from.

No - it has the effect of soliciting mail from people *related* to the
content of my web site. All *OTHER* uses are abuses of my mailbox. UCE is
*NEVER* an appropriate usage of my mailbox. Ever. I wonder if I can
convince the Apache developers to include the user-agent blocking module
in the standard distribution with ActiveAgent defaulted to blocked...

--
Benjamin Franz