Re: Junkie-Mail was Re: Standard?

DA (k3is@UnbSJ.CA)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:25:19 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, John D. Pritchard wrote:

> this list is about agents, right?

I think this list is about robots/wanderers/web spiders....I believe that
there is a big difference between agents and the other stuff I mentioned
above. When a computer person talks about 'agents' I take it that this
person is actually talking about agents as those in Distributed Artifical
Intelligence (DAI), and I don't think Robots have agents'
characteristics. I don't want to define an agent here but I would like to
see what others think of agents and robots! are they really the same?

Later,
Qusay