Re: Meta Tags only on home page ?

Jon Knight (jon@net.lut.ac.uk)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:55:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Thomas Merlin wrote:
> There's something I've always wanted to know...is it enough to insert META
> tags on the home page or can one insert them on each page of a site, and if
> so, how will a standard spider take that ?

I put META elements on many of our pages as each page has a different set
of metadata. Current spiders only probably use a little of our metadata
anyway but my view is that its better to have the metadata there ready for
the next generation of robots. I'll soon be generating embedded DC
automatically for all the static pages on the server if I get some free
time.

Tatty bye,

Jim'll