Re: Meta Tags only on home page ?

Klaus Johannes Rusch (e8726057@student.tuwien.ac.at)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:10:58 CET

In <3.0.32.19970127111932.00733f4c@gatekeeper.grolier.fr>, Thomas Merlin <tom@grolier.fr> writes:
> Hello all,
>
> There's something I've always wanted to know...is it enough to insert META
> tags on the home page or can one insert them on each page of a site, and if
> so, how will a standard spider take that ?

Spiders will usually take either one or both of these methods:

1 robots.txt for the whole site
2 individual meta tags for individual pages

You will need to add meta information to all pages for all type 2 robots, as
someone may link to one of your pages, and a nofollow specification in your
/index.html would have no effect on indexing of other pages.

Klaus Johannes Rusch

--
e8726057@student.tuwien.ac.at, KlausRusch@atmedia.net
http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/