Re: ADMIN: Archive

Nick Arnett (narnett@verity.com)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:40:41 -0700

>At 8:17 AM 6/26/96, Martijn Koster wrote:
>
>>there is always the archive on the web;

I think my archive is still running at http://www.mccmedia.com/robots/

It only keeps about two weeks' worth on-line, however. And it's about to
shut down for a few days as Verity moves its corporate offices... And I'm
seeing the author of HyperMail today to talk about some new functionality
we might create together.

Nick

's abilities, I have often
have to iterate searches a dozen times or more... which makes the search
quite slow and doesn't yield the accuracy I want. Second, creation of a
domain-specific index is basically a big pre-filter, so that I limit the
search to relevant documents. Actually, our engine can also do that on the
fly (use a query as a filter before searching), so it's a manifestation of
the same problem.

Nick