Re: Standard?

Martin Kiff (mgk@webfeet.co.uk)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 07:43:14 +0100

In message <199611282356.HAA10198@gospel.iinet.net.au>, Kim Davies
<kim@staff.iinet.net.au> writes

>Quoting admin@superhot.com:
>|
>| A couple of big defining differences here: ActiveAgent only sends one piece
>| of email to only those people who have deliberately solicited the receipt of
>| email, both in fact and in law. The junk mail that you receive in your PO
>
>Not everyone's email address is placed online by themselves.

I think that is worth reiterating...

If I include someone's Email address on a page, I don't want to increase
their risk or flow of 'junk mail'. *They* have not 'deliberately
solicited the receipt of email'.

I would like to have a method of saying, in the page, that the Email
addresses are not for 'automated' use - in the same way as the

or

header... Alas I guess that a natural extension

would fail a backward compatability test... However a

doesn't distinguish between indexing and following the link. Important
or not?

Regards,
Martin Kiff
mgk@webfeet.co.uk