Re: Standard?

Richard Gaskin (Ambassador@FourthWorld.com)
Tue, 3 Dec 96 11:30:56 -0000

>I'm not quite sure how enforcible a ban on junk email would be. How is
>the US government going to prosecute a spammer based in taiwan or brazil?

As with junk faxes, this is not a significant problem; most spamming
comes from the US. Few other cultures foster such blindly consumptive
habits.

And Nigel Rantor writes:
>:The simplest path is to write your Congressional representatives and
>:encourage them to fix this matter by clarifying the terms of the
>:anti-junk-fax law to explicitely include protection for email users as
>:well as fax owners.
>
>Can I have some more info on this?

The legal text you're looking for is identified as USC 47.5.II, Section
227.

- Richard Gaskin
Fourth World
Software Tools for SuperCard, Director, HyperCard, OMO, and more....
Mail: Ambassador@FourthWorld.com
US: (800) 288-5825
Int'l: (213) 225-3717
Fax: (213) 225-0716