Re: SpamBots

Richard Gaskin (Ambassador@FourthWorld.com)
Thu, 16 Jan 97 09:00:47 -0000

>But what confuses me is the connection to our favorite anarchist:
>
> HipCrime International (HIPCRIME-DOM)
> 666 First Street at Arguello
> San Francisco, CA 94122
>
> Domain Name: HIPCRIME.COM
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Robert, Returned (RR1563) robert@HIPCRIME.COM
> none given (FAX) none taken
> Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
> Whitall, James (JW3426) hipcrime@POST1.COM
> none given (FAX) none taken
>
>Note the domain of the technical contact? ... The plot thickens...

InterNIC abuse - It seems lil' Bobby's post-adolescent pranksterism knows
few bounds:

1) His last name is not "Returned".

2) First Street and Arguello do not intersect.

3) As if his choice of fraudulent addresses, "666", were not amusing
enough, the address is completely non-existent. The closest building to
that address is the bathroom next to the tennis courts in the panhandle
of Golden Gate Park. Look it up.

Does InterNIC even _read_ their applications? Loserdom abounds.

- Richard Gaskin
Fourth World
Software Tools for SuperCard, Director, HyperCard, OMO, and more....
Mail: Ambassador@FourthWorld.com
Web: http://www.FourthWorld.com